*Spring Plugs come free with all 1911 Combo orders. Spring plugs and removal tools are offered at half price as add on items on all of our muzzle brake listings.
Recoil Spring Plug for Government and Commander 1911 configurations
We designed our own spring plug to assist in the installation of our
compensators. Some 1911 pistols have stock spring plugs that are too
long which can make installation of a barrel bushing type compensator
difficult. Our spring plug is shorter and can be used on both
Government and Commander size 1911's.
This is a hollow style spring plug. This style works with both one piece and two piece guide rod setups. If you have the double spring system will need to use a closed spring plug around 1.2" long.
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Machine Finish
Length: 0.953 inches
- Barrel bushing compensator for Colt 1911/1911 clones
- Fits 4.25” Commander length 1911 Autos with a barrel OD between .577"-581". The bushing ID. Is .583" +-.0005".
- Fits calibers up to and including .45 acp. Can fit .38 and 9mm
- Minor fitting may be required
- Not compatible with bull barrels. This compensator is not threaded.
- Suppresses recoil by venting gasses at muzzle and adding weight to the end of your barrel.
- Adds approx. 1” length to your barrel and weighs 2.2 oz.
- CNC Machined Billet Hardened, Aerospace grade stainless steel